Thứ Sáu, 13 tháng 1, 2017

'Pain never goes away', says brother of 'Ice Queen' murder victim

Brother of Csaba Orsos, Zoltan Sandro, speaks to the media at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin after Marta Herda was found guilty of the murder of Csaba Orsos at the South Quay, Arklow
Brother of Csaba Orsos, Zoltan Sandro, speaks to the media at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin after Marta Herda was found guilty of the murder of Csaba Orsos at the South Quay, Arklow

The brother of a man who drowned after being driven off a pier by the woman he loved has said his family carry the pain of his loss every day.

Csaba Orsos (31) died on March 26, 2013, when Polish waitress Marta Herda drove her VW Passat off the pier at Arklow, Co Wicklow, while he was in the front passenger seat.

Callous Herda (29) was jailed for life last July after being found guilty of murdering Hungarian-born Mr Orsos.

She was a good swimmer and was aware that he could not swim.

Herda, who became known as the Ice Queen killer, has app- ealed her conviction, a move that has angered the Orsos family.

Pictures taken on the day Mr Orsos was killed show his brother, Zoltan, standing shocked on the pier.

Marta Herda Picture: Collins Courts
Marta Herda Picture: Collins Courts

Herda told gardai that Csaba had been infatuated with her, but she did not feel the same way about him and he had spent two years following, phoning and messaging her, she said.

Now Zoltan has spoken of how his family's hearts were broken by his brother's death.

"After Csaba's death we don't do Christmas like before because everything is changed. We are all heartbroken and full with pain that never goes away," he told the Herald.

"Every day his bloodied face comes to mind from when I had to identify him in a body bag. That day I died as well.

CARE

"I have two kids who give me the power to live. My mom and my sisters and my brother are still heartbroken, and we have to live with this even though life is not the same.

"Herda has appealed the case, so I believe she doesn't care about my brother's life, because if she had a heart she wouldn't appeal. She took my brother's life. She's a murderer.

"I hope she never comes out of jail. If somebody thinks I am a bad man because I think like this, try to think of how bad my life is without my brother - pain every day."

Outside the court, not long after the guilty verdict was passed, Zoltan tried to explain how his brother had loved Herda.

"He asked me many times, 'What do I do? Fight for the love or not?' And the first time I said to him, 'Yes, why not?'" said Zoltan.

But then, he said, he saw how Herda behaved around other men. Even though she had shunned his brother, he saw how she would behave around him, and that maybe Csaba thought by her actions that there was a hope of a future.

"It was her who would touch him and rub his shoulder and say, 'Hi Csaba, how are you?' I think she wanted to show him that maybe they have a small chance, and maybe my brother believed that as well," he said.

"I told my brother to leave it alone, to stop believing it, but he was in love with her."

Despite the trial and the guilty verdict, Zoltan still has many questions.

"We never thought it would come to this. She had other ways to stop him loving her, why kill him?" he said. "Why did she do it? Why did she not stop the car?"

Online Editors

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét