Thứ Bảy, 24 tháng 1, 2015

Dick Pope on Dick Poop’: ‘I’ve been called worse’

DICK Pope, whose name was pronounced as ‘Dick Poop’ during the Oscar nominations and started trending on Twitter, says he has been called worse.

Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences president Cheryl Boone Isaacs incorrectly read his name while announcing the nominees for best cinematography.

“You know what, I have been called a lot worse in my time,” the 67-year-old told USA Today.

“I don’t think twice about anything like that. I am happy to be nominated. We’re all very happy. It’s wonderful news. But I represent a whole company and the whole film. I represent the people who work on it. We are all very pleased. Delighted.”

Oops ... Actor Chris Pine and Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs announce Dick Pope as

Oops ... Actor Chris Pine and Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs announce Dick Pope as a nominee for Best Cinematography. Picture: Getty. Source: Getty Images

He said he had received hundreds of emails to tell him that he was trending on Twitter.

“I have never been on Twitter and I don’t know what trending means,” he said. “You don’t need to explain it to me. I have had it explained one hundred times now.”

“I feel sorry for the lady who made the mispronunciation,” he said.

Richard ‘Dick’ Pope is a British cinematographer who received his first Oscar nomination in 2007.

His nomination this year comes for his work on Mr Turner.

Ms Boone Isaacs will no doubt have the sympathy of John Travolta, who bungled Idina Menzel’s name at last year’s ceremony, calling her Adele Darzeem.

post from sitemap

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét