Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 1, 2015

Funnywoman Julia Morris reveals the secret to her success is that she’s ‘not an a** hole’

Master negotiator ... Julia Morris says getting Channel Nine to let her host a show on ri

Master negotiator ... Julia Morris says getting Channel Nine to let her host a show on rival Network Ten came down to her “not being an a** hole”. Picture: Supplied Source: Supplied

YES, she’s talented, and sure, she’s hilarious ... but television star Julia Morris reckons the real key to her success is that she’s “not an a** hole”.

The veteran funnywoman is contracted to Channel Nine but managed to get them to allow a temporary jumping of the ship to Ten to co-host I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here.

Down to earth ... popular actress and comedian Julia Morris will return to work on Nine d

Down to earth ... popular actress and comedian Julia Morris will return to work on Nine drama House Husbands a week after she gets home from the I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! camp. Picture: Supplied Source: News Limited

“I really wanted to do this,” Morris said. “Juggling two networks doesn’t happen very often. I’m lucky I haven’t been an a**hole over the years.”

It’s an extraordinary feat that few could manage, in an industry not famous for playing nice too often.

If I had a rand for every time I've had a giraffe at my water hole... @ImACelebrityAU Jx pic.twitter.com/W9KtopRzUE

— Julia Morris (@Ladyjmo) January 26, 2015

Morris suspects her reputation got the unusual deal across the line.

“It’s a rare quality, let me tell you what - amazing things come your way when you’re not an a**hole. How’s that as a lesson for the young ones?”

Busy schedule ... as well as a full roster of jobs, Julia has two young daughters who wil

Busy schedule ... as well as a full roster of jobs, Julia has two young daughters who will stay in Melbourne with her husband Dan while she’s in Africa. Picture: Supplied Source: News Limited

Morris plays Gemma Crabb in hit drama series House Husbands and filming on the fourth season will kick off just a week after she returns from the South African jungle.

She will go straight from wrangling a group of celebrities in the wilds of Kruger National Park to locking lips with Gary Sweet in Melbourne.

“We’re straight into it, cameras rolling. While I’m in the jungle, I’ll have to practice a lot of my kissing scenes with Chris Brown so I’m up to speed,” she joked.

Hosting partner ... Julia Morris and Chris Brown are preparing for the arrival of 10 cele

Hosting partner ... Julia Morris and Chris Brown are preparing for the arrival of 10 celebs in the deep jungle of South Africa ahead of the launch of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Picture: Richard Dobson Source: News Corp Australia

While there’s some small gamble involved with singing on for a new format show that’s untested, Morris believes audiences will be enthralled with the new reality series.

“I didn’t have to be convinced for this job. I hunted it down. I think it’s going to be great. Maybe not so much for the celebrities.

“They’re allowing the public the chance to deny them all sorts of creature comforts and be left with just the creatures — the creepy crawlies.”

Creature comforts ... Julia Morris prefers her lux hotel suite over the rough and tumble

Creature comforts ... Julia Morris prefers her lux hotel suite over the rough and tumble of celebrity camp. Picture: Instagram Source: Supplied

While she was determined to get the hosting gig, Morris said there was no chance she would’ve agreed to be sent into the jungle camp itself.

“No, no, no. I’m not capable. Where we’re staying as hosts, we’re in such lux conditions. I can do that. A swag on the dirty, in the rain and heat? Not for me, darl.”

I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here begins on Channel Ten this Sunday at 6.30pm.

post from sitemap

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét