Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 3, 2017

Actress Katey Sagal opens up about 15-year drug battle in new memoir

Actress Katey Sagal has opened up about her dark drugs past. Picture: Supplied

KATEY Sagal has opened up about her 15-year addiction to diet pills, alcohol and cocaine in her new memoir.

The four-time Golden Globe Award nominee for Married With Children, who finally won a Globe for Sons of Anarchy, writes in her new book, Grace Notes: My Recollections: “The magical part about winning is that, if you have a Globe award in hand, you can talk to anyone, and everyone wants to talk to you.”

Katey Sagal has penned a new memoir. Picture: Rex Features/Splash

Katey Sagal has penned a new memoir. Picture: Rex Features/Splash NewsSource:Supplied

She continued, according to The New York Post: “Sarah [her daughter] wanted to meet Colin Firth, and so we did.

“Dame Helen Mirren talked to me like we were old friends, even though we’d never met. Anne Hathaway chased me down and leapt into my arms, letting me know how happy she was to see me.”

Less than a week before you can get a copy of Grace Notes for yourself. Order now (https://t.co/mAI0kDNU86) and be one of the first! #memoir pic.twitter.com/QfLQQcl4rK

— Katey Sagal (@KateySagal) March 16, 2017

Sagal blames growing up in Los Angeles for an attitude toward drugs that led to a 15-year addiction to diet pills, cocaine and alcohol.

“When I was 12, we lived on the same block as Judy Garland. Her daughter Lorna Luft and I became neighbourhood buddies.

“Lorna’s mum had a lot of pills on her bedside table and slept past noon just like my mum. We hung tight. And, of course, I thought everyone’s mum took a lot of pills,” she wrote.

Katey Sagal (left) starred in TV show Married With Children. Picture: Supplied

Katey Sagal (left) starred in TV show Married With Children. Picture: SuppliedSource:News Corp Australia

Before becoming an actress, Sagal was a singing waitress.

“I could get your order wrong, spill blue cheese dressing on your lap, whisper what an a-hole you were, and then pick up my guitar or go to the piano and sing you an awesome rendition of Brown Eyed Girl,” she wrote.

After being a backup singer for Bette Midler and Etta James, she was approached to audition for The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Her reaction was, “Are you kidding? I’m not even looking for a job as an actor. I’m a musician!” Sagal recalled. “Apparently that approach is gold for me.”

Actress Katey Segal won a Golden Globe for her role in TV program Sons Of Anarchy. Picture: Supplied

Actress Katey Segal won a Golden Globe for her role in TV program Sons Of Anarchy. Picture: SuppliedSource:Supplied

This story originally appeared in The New York Post and has been republished here with permission.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét