Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 3, 2017

Jake Gyllenhaal interview turns icy after Taylor Swift questions

  • Video
  • Image

Film Clip: 'Life'0:44

Watch a movie clip from "Life," starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, and Ryan Reynolds. Photo: Sony Pictures

  • March 23rd 2017
  • a day ago
  • /video/video.news.com.au/Entertainment/

Jake Gyllenhaal does not want to talk about Taylor Swift. Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP

JAKE Gyllenhaal does not want to talk about Taylor Swift.

That was the clear message the actor sent during a recent interview about his new movie Life , with Guardian reporter Tim Jonze, who described the atmosphere in the room as “uncomfortably tense.”

Gyllenhaal famously dated Swift for around three months in 2010, and it’s widely accepted that she wrote We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and Red about him.

Gyllenhaal and Swift only dated for a few months. Photo credit: Instar

Gyllenhaal and Swift only dated for a few months. Photo credit: InstarSource:INF

So when the reporter broached the subject of his ex-girlfriend, things got very, very icy.

“I’m not necessarily guarded, but I consider intimacy to be very important and I don’t think everybody needs to know about my family or my personal details,” Gyllenhaal replied. “I’m old school in that way.”

Jonze then asked why he would date Swift, who is a repeat offender of using breakups as song material.

“For someone so intensely private, wasn’t it playing with fire a little to start dating her?”

“I think when you’re in a relationship, you are constantly scrutinised, your friends are scrutinised, but … ,” he said.

At that point, according to the reporter, Gyllenhaal then just stared at him intensely and shrugged — which is awkward to even imagine.

Things went further downhill when Jonze pressed on, asking him if he’d ever listened to the songs inspired about him and was greeted with a long period of silence, before Gyllenhaal finally said: “I would love to not talk about my personal life.”

Even so, the reporter pressed on, arguing that he was simply discussing facts already out there in the public domain, but the actor didn’t want a bar of it.

“I would love to talk about the movie,” he responded.

When the interview wrapped up, Jonze claimed it was clear Gyllenhaal was still irritated about it.

“I will just tell you now that I respect your form of questioning,” he continues, “but also it is within my belief that in what I do, I will express the most. So I hope, in the future, you will see more of my work. If you’ve ever even seen my work.”

Taylor Swift - Superstar60:21

Exploring her dedication to the song writing process, her influences and inspiration, Taylor Swift Superstar captures the essence of the creative persona of one of the world's most popular performers, winner of 7 Grammy Awards, who has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide.

  • May 12th 2016
  • 10 months ago
  • /video/video.news.com.au/TV/Biography/

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét