Thứ Năm, 22 tháng 1, 2015

Young actor Blake Cooper tweeted his way in ‘The Maze Runner’ movie

A COUPLE of tweets changed this young actor’s life forever.

14-year-old Blake Cooper has revealed to news.com.au that he has social media site Twitter to thank for landing the role of Chuck in last year’s Hollywood blockbuster, The Maze Runner.

“It all started with my friend Olivia,” said Cooper.

“She messaged me on Facebook that this movie was coming up which was based on her favourite book. She said I should check it out because she thought one of the roles, Chuck, would be perfect for me.”

Dylan O’Brien (left) and Blake Cooper (right) became good friends during filming.

Dylan O’Brien (left) and Blake Cooper (right) became good friends during filming. Source: Supplied

Cooper and his mum read The Maze Runner book and agreed with Olivia, so they asked his manager to try to get him an audition.

When his agent failed, Cooper took matters into his own hands.

“I decided to go to Twitter and get in touch with the director (Wes Ball),” he said.

“I sent him a tweet asking if I could audition and at first he didn't notice but a lot of fans noticed and they started making fan fiction and it was really cool.

The Maze Runner was released in Australia in September last year.

The Maze Runner was released in Australia in September last year. Source: Supplied

“Everyone was tweeting the director to let me audition and he noticed and decided to give me an audition.”

The rest as they say is history.

The sci-fi thriller was a huge success, raking in more than $420 million worldwide, but Cooper admits that he hasn’t seen a dime from the film yet.

“My mum actually put all of the money I made into a bank account that I can’t access until I’m 18,” he said laughing.

“Which is probably a good idea.”

Unlock the Secrets of the Maze: The Maze Runner is available now on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD.

Blake Cooper’s latest project was a telemovie called Cocked.

Blake Cooper’s latest project was a telemovie called Cocked. Source: Supplied

post from sitemap

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét