Thứ Năm, 22 tháng 1, 2015

Chrissie Swan sets the record straight ‘I don’t have a sex addiction’

CHRISSIE Swan wants to set the record straight, she doesn’t have a sex addiction, or even a borderline sex addiction.

She said a joke made on air with a friend has snowballed into something else entirely.

So much so she has had to field calls from radio stations today about her so-called sex addiction.

Chrissie Swan

Chrissie Swan Source: Supplied

Fed up, Swan has spoken out today, telling people to lighten up and stop making women a pariah for having a sense of humour and joking about sex.

Earlier this week Swan chatted with Monty Dimond for podcast Show+Tell, the conversation moved to their sexual exploits in their younger days.

Swan joked she had a “borderline sex addiction”.

“I joked that I had a borderline sex addiction,” Swan told Show + Tell today.

“We were joking about those heady days of idiot one night stands and frivolous fun.”

“So today I woke up to my phone ringing next to my bed in the wee hours.”

“The calls were from radio stations in Melbourne and Sydney asking me to comment on my sex addiction.

“For a second I thought they had the wrong person but then I remembered a podcast I’d recorded this week.”

“It was a throwaway line ... to have a laugh.”

Chrissie Swan

Chrissie Swan Source: News Limited

Swan said the media attention on her so-called “sex addiction” has gotten out of control.

She also says it is doing women a disservice.

“On a deeper level this sort of thing is a frightening step back for women in the media.

“I can tell you immediately that it made me want to shut up and never make a joke or divulge any amusing anecdote about myself or my life.

“Is this what we’ve come to? Women can’t make a joke about anything for fear of being taken out of context?

“I fear a world of vanilla presenters wanting to avoid the humiliation of being taken out of context. But that’s the way it’s going. Things like this rob the public of so much.

“Laughing is wonderful, so to miss an opportunity for it, especially today with all the doom and gloom around, would be a great shame.

“The whole thing is ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous. Can we please just move on?”

Originally published as Chrissie Swan: ‘I don’t have a sex addiction’
post from sitemap

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét